Sunday, January 08, 2006
 

Secret Pal Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do
you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
No, I'm not a snob. Of course, higher quality is better and some synthetic fibres are really squeaking, but in the end it depends on the yarn.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do not spin yet, I think it might be better to improve my knitting at first. But I
like crochet - I love that Hippie-look.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Ups, I don't have so very much needles and hooks so far. I have a sac which
used to be the wrapping of a bottle of champagne.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be
beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Hm, I learned to knit when I was a child, my grandmother was the teacher. At the age of about 12 years I knitted socks. Then there was a great pause: I prefered sewing, did batik work and coloured silk. About a year ago I started knitting again. When I discovered all these phantastic knitting blogs in the web I was really amazed and captivated. I would say that I am between the beginner and the intermediate.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
None.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Hm, I don't know. I have no favourite. I like vanilla. My present perfumes are
L'au d' Issey and Escada. I am open for all.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, I like chocolate, only sour gums and cookies. Nearly everything. :)
No, that's not true, I hate dark chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
At the moment only knitting and crochet.

9.What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, I am really involved in music: each week we comment the chartbreaker.
I like disco-sounds, house - it does not have to be seroius. I love Madonna,
Jamiroquai and Gwen Stefani. Mp3s are no problem.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette
you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like purple and especially the combination of purple, red, orange and pink.
Unfortunatley, orange is not really a good colour for my skin. I like berry-colours and black. But also combinations of green.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Happily charmed by Oz with four children. My daughter has got a rabbit named Frida.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, scarves, mittens and ponchos (if I had one) are ok, but I hate hats. They are really not advantageous for the hairstyle. :)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
It should be soft, soft, soft. And it should not be thick.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I hate scratchy yarn and I don't need glittering yarn.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Hm, I am not really obsessed, but I would like to learn how to knit these
wonderful scarves.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Little things, which can be finished in a short time.

17. What are you knitting right now?
That's a dark secret - a present for my wool-princess.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Oh yes, I like it.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular needles.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I learned it from my grandmother, in school and by myself.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
It's one year old. A sweater for my son and I won't finish it as he is much taller
now. :)

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
??? I don't know. As I like fairies perhaps Tinkerbell. And I do not have a favourite animal.


25. What is your favorite holiday?
Fall.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Apart from wool I have a little collection of fairies.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your
hands on?
None.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, new patterns for scarves ands socks.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I like knitting socks. My german size is 39/40.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
24th of November

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?






























Prev l List l Next
_




Locations of visitors to this page

Arts Blog Top Sites



kostenloser Counter